David and Jason Benham, one of our featured speakers at the upcoming Nehemiah Best Practice Tour and Conference in Orlando, Florida, on March 30th, 2023, will be speaking on the keys to mastering small businesses.
David and Jason Benham are former professional baseball players, nationally acclaimed entrepreneurs, and best-selling authors. Their rise to success came with their first company, which grew to 100 offices in 35 states, and catapulted them onto the national stage. They topped charts like Inc. Magazine’s Fastest Growing Companies, Franchise 500’s Top New Franchises, Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Finalists, Wall Street Journal’s Top Five Real Estate Agents in America list, and the US Chamber of Commerce’s Top Small Business of the Year.
Their success eventually landed them a straight-to-series reality show with HGTV in 2014, yet the show was abruptly canceled when activist groups pressured the network to fire them because of their commitment to biblical values. The boys walked away and said, “If our faith cost us a reality show, then so be it.” Appearing on FOX Business, ABC’s Nightline, CNN, FOX News, and Good Morning America, the brothers encouraged people to stand for what they believe in, whatever the cost. Since that time, David and Jason have started dozens of businesses and written several books.
Mastering Small Businesses
One of the things that enabled David and Jason to start a dozen successful businesses as well as overcome their cancel culture was their mastery of small businesses. According to David and Jason, mastering small businesses require:
- A foundation of faith – Know Christ and who you are in Christ as well as how the business fits within God’s plan for your life.
- Scale through systems – Be a system thinker and ensure that the business is able to operate without your ongoing involvement.
- Build your team – Build the right team by having the right people in the right positions.
- Lead your people – Lead your people towards achieving success at work and significance in life.
- From grip to drip – Create margin to give you the freedom and resources to impact the Kingdom of God by moving beyond active income, to recurring income, and then to passive income.
Interested to know more about upcoming events and educational opportunities offered by the Nehemiah Entrepreneurship Community? Click HERE!